Mrs. Fixit: Baking Soda & Peroxide
November 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Baking soda and peroxide are inexpensive and indispensible when it comes to cleaning. I'll tell you why!
First, it's an amazing stain pre-treater. Mix together two tablespoons hydrogen peroxide, a tablespoon of baking soda and a tablespoon of dish soap.
Spread the mixture over any stain; let it sit for a bit and then launder as directed. This pre-treater is quick and inexpensive.
Do your cookie sheets look like they have tons of cooked on crud? Well if you want to clean them, just mix together equal parts of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and spread it over the sheet. Use hot water to gently scrub the cookie sheet and that cooked on crud will come right off.
This same mixture will work on glass top stoves and kitchen appliances.
How about grout stains? Mix together equal parts of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and dip a toothbrush into the mixture to clean your grout lines. Scrub it in and then rinse it with hot water.
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide an easy and inexpensive cleaning powerhouse that you can't afford not to have in your home, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ