Mrs. Fixit: Presealing Natural Stone
December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Natural stone tile like this marble is absorbent and can be easily stained, even by the grout you use. To protect it, you need to seal it, I'll show you how.
Sealing tile is simple you can use a sponge, a brush, a cloth or paint pad.
I like a sponge brush because it gives you an even application without a lot of excess liquid dripping all over.
Paint the sealer onto the tile in long, even strokes. Make sure you cover all of the tile, but don't get too much overlap.
Wipe off any drips or pooling with a cotton rag.
Let the sealer dry completely generally for twenty four hours.
Then test the sealer by dripping some water onto the surface, if it pools up you're all set.
If the water soaks in at all you will want to let it dry and apply a second coat.
Once the presealer is set, you can grout the tile without worrying about staining it! i'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 24 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 57 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 47 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
49 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
47 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
44 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
13 min ago