Mrs. Fixit: Presealing Natural Stone
December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Natural stone tile like this marble is absorbent and can be easily stained, even by the grout you use. To protect it, you need to seal it, I'll show you how.
Sealing tile is simple you can use a sponge, a brush, a cloth or paint pad.
I like a sponge brush because it gives you an even application without a lot of excess liquid dripping all over.
Paint the sealer onto the tile in long, even strokes. Make sure you cover all of the tile, but don't get too much overlap.
Wipe off any drips or pooling with a cotton rag.
Let the sealer dry completely generally for twenty four hours.
Then test the sealer by dripping some water onto the surface, if it pools up you're all set.
If the water soaks in at all you will want to let it dry and apply a second coat.
Once the presealer is set, you can grout the tile without worrying about staining it! i'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run