Mrs. Fixit: Countdown to Christmas
December 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A christmas countdown is always a fun way to mark the days leading up to a holiday, I have some ideas using elements from around the house!
Write out twenty five good deeds you'd like your family to do or accomplish before the holiday. Fold them and put them into a jar. Each day choose a card to spread some holiday good will all around.
You could also fill the cards with twenty five things you'd like to do as a family like make cookies, see the lights, go sledding, and pick out something to do together each day.
Print out or use scrapbooking elements to make a holiday picture with a blank area on it where you can write in numbers. Then, frame the picture behind glass. You can use a dry erase markers to change the number each day counting your way down to christmas!
You could also go with a classic and let the kids fashion paper chains from decorative paper. Tear one off each day for a fun countdown!
Easy ways to mark the days to the holiday. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman crashes into tractor trailer in Mayfair 1 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 9 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 57 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 4 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Dozens charged in alleged slip and fall scheme
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
57 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos