Mrs. Fixit: Countdown to Christmas
December 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A christmas countdown is always a fun way to mark the days leading up to a holiday, I have some ideas using elements from around the house!
Write out twenty five good deeds you'd like your family to do or accomplish before the holiday. Fold them and put them into a jar. Each day choose a card to spread some holiday good will all around.
You could also fill the cards with twenty five things you'd like to do as a family like make cookies, see the lights, go sledding, and pick out something to do together each day.
Print out or use scrapbooking elements to make a holiday picture with a blank area on it where you can write in numbers. Then, frame the picture behind glass. You can use a dry erase markers to change the number each day counting your way down to christmas!
You could also go with a classic and let the kids fashion paper chains from decorative paper. Tear one off each day for a fun countdown!
Easy ways to mark the days to the holiday. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 40 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ