Mrs. Fixit: Christmas Decor Ideas
December 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you're hoping to save some money on your holiday decorating, I have a few ideas that will deck your halls without emptying your wallet.
For a garland that shimmers, cut pieces of tulle into rectangular strips and tie them around the cords portions of a string of christmas lights.
The lights will shine through the fabric for a soft, shimmery display.
For a retro look, punch holes in foil cupcake tins and thread the bulbs of your christmas lights through the back side. Fun and funky!
If you're looking for a door display, think past the traditional wreath.
Why not try a stocking. Hang it in on the door add some ribbon and trim or some small toys to fluff it up!
You could also string several ball ornaments onto some ribbon and positioning them at varying heights, tie them together with a pretty bow at the top and hang the entire display on the door.
Just a few inexpensive ideas to help you deck those holidays halls, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 15 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 44 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 36 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
1 min ago