Mrs. Fixit: Christmas Decor Ideas
December 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you're hoping to save some money on your holiday decorating, I have a few ideas that will deck your halls without emptying your wallet.
For a garland that shimmers, cut pieces of tulle into rectangular strips and tie them around the cords portions of a string of christmas lights.
The lights will shine through the fabric for a soft, shimmery display.
For a retro look, punch holes in foil cupcake tins and thread the bulbs of your christmas lights through the back side. Fun and funky!
If you're looking for a door display, think past the traditional wreath.
Why not try a stocking. Hang it in on the door add some ribbon and trim or some small toys to fluff it up!
You could also string several ball ornaments onto some ribbon and positioning them at varying heights, tie them together with a pretty bow at the top and hang the entire display on the door.
Just a few inexpensive ideas to help you deck those holidays halls, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 32 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 35 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...