Mrs. Fixit: Personalize Holiday Gifts
December 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- I have some creative ideas on how to personalize your holiday gifts this year.
Have a wine lover on your list? Buy some wine glasses and cover the stems & glass, leaving the base free.
Use some chalkboard spray paint to spray just the base of the glass. Let the paint dry and then tie several pieces of chalk together with some pretty ribbon and pair it with a bottle of wine. They can use the chalk to label each glass. Instant wine ID!
Use the chalkboard spray again to paint halfway up a pair of mugs. Again tie up some pieces of chalk and pair with some gourmet cocoa and some marshmallows for a chocolate lover.
You know that if you draw on a mug or a plate with a permanent marker, bake it in your oven, at 150 degrees for 30 minutes, your marker will set? So use this method to make a cookies and milk Santa set for your favorite kids. They'll love it and can use it year after year.
I hope you use these personalized holiday gift ideas for your family and friends this year. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just this simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 36 min ago
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos