Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Wood Polish
December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Maybe you noticed that your wood tables and furniture are looking dull. Mrs. Fixit has a formula for homemade wood polish.
For this simple homemade polish all you need is olive oil and beeswax. You can find both at your local craft or natural food store.
Use a cheese grater to shave the beeswax. You'll need a half cup for the recipe.
Put the beeswax in a mason jar and place the jar in a basin of hot water. Be careful not to get any water inside the jar.
Once the wax is melted, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir until completely combined.
Use a soft cloth to apply the mixture to your furniture and don't forget to rub with the grain of the wood.
Then use a second cloth to remove excess polish and buff it to a shine.
You can use this homemade polish a few times a year to help nourish and protect your wood furniture.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos