Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Wood Polish
December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Maybe you noticed that your wood tables and furniture are looking dull. Mrs. Fixit has a formula for homemade wood polish.
For this simple homemade polish all you need is olive oil and beeswax. You can find both at your local craft or natural food store.
Use a cheese grater to shave the beeswax. You'll need a half cup for the recipe.
Put the beeswax in a mason jar and place the jar in a basin of hot water. Be careful not to get any water inside the jar.
Once the wax is melted, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir until completely combined.
Use a soft cloth to apply the mixture to your furniture and don't forget to rub with the grain of the wood.
Then use a second cloth to remove excess polish and buff it to a shine.
You can use this homemade polish a few times a year to help nourish and protect your wood furniture.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 17 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier