Mrs. Fixit: Beautiful Baking Soda
January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- If home improvement projects, home care and& well&. life have you and your skin dried out and looking blah - baking soda -- the same gem that cleans stains, eliminates odors and boosts cleansers can help!
If you've got seriously dry skin, mix together equal parts of baking soda and warm water and work the mixture into your skin for about five minutes.
It's microdermabrasion. It will exfoliate and soften skin in one step for pennies! it works on hands, feet, elbows, knees and your face - just make sure to avoid your eyes.
Along those same lines - if you need to skip a shampoo, work a tablespoon of it will also remove build-up from yor hair, just mix it with your shampoo every couple of weeks.
Want a spa like shower at home? In a bowl, mix two cups of baking soda and enough warm water to make a thick paste, add ten to fifteen drops of your favorite essential oil and scoop the mixture into paper cupcake cups and let them harden overnight.
When you're ready to use them, simply remove the paper, put the disk in the bottom of your shower and turn on the water, as it dissolves the essential oils will be released and mix with the steam for a spa like shower.
Store extra disks in a well labeled air tight container. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book