Mrs. Fixit: Organize the Garage
January 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- If your garage is a disorganized, cluttered mess, I can show you how to clean it, organize it and get it looking great again.
Start with a clean slate. Start with repairs so you can make repairs and paint and really assess how you can best use the space.
While you're emptying the area, take inventory of what you'll need to go back into the space so you'll know what types of storage and organization you'll need.
You should also use this opportunity to purge anything that you don't need. Items that your kids don't use anymore, broken or outdated décor. If you don't need it, don't store it, trash it, sell it or donate it.
When you start putting things back into the garage, work in zones. Make a zone for yard and garden items, a zone for sports equipment, a zone for hardware and tools, and a tool for seasonal items.
Making a zone for shoes and coats can keep the entryway neat and tidy as well.
To keep everything neat and organized in your garage, you need to make a conscious effort to put everything back in its place when you're through with it. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 21 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
3 min ago