Mrs. Fixit: Organize the Garage
January 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- If your garage is a disorganized, cluttered mess, I can show you how to clean it, organize it and get it looking great again.
Start with a clean slate. Start with repairs so you can make repairs and paint and really assess how you can best use the space.
While you're emptying the area, take inventory of what you'll need to go back into the space so you'll know what types of storage and organization you'll need.
You should also use this opportunity to purge anything that you don't need. Items that your kids don't use anymore, broken or outdated décor. If you don't need it, don't store it, trash it, sell it or donate it.
When you start putting things back into the garage, work in zones. Make a zone for yard and garden items, a zone for sports equipment, a zone for hardware and tools, and a tool for seasonal items.
Making a zone for shoes and coats can keep the entryway neat and tidy as well.
To keep everything neat and organized in your garage, you need to make a conscious effort to put everything back in its place when you're through with it. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Snow today, heavy at times 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 35 min ago
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 24 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
36 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens...
35 min ago