Mrs. Fixit: Help in the Kitchen
January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- We all run into frustrations in the kitchen from time to time. But I have some tips to help alleviate those frustrations so you can get on with your life.
How many times have you pulled out the plastic wrap or foil only to have the roll come out of the box? Well, a friend showed me this. There are punch tabs on either side of the box. It will help center the roll and keep it in place.
Sometimes you have pots and pans that have cooked on food on the bottom that won't come off. Well, try a plastic rewards card you get from a store. It's the perfect size and it easily scrapes that gunk from the bottom of your pans.
My family loves fresh popped popcorn but the microwave varieties have so much stuff on them and the air popper is a pain to lug out. The solution: a brown paper bag. Microwave on high until the popping slows down. In my microwave, it takes about a minute and a half. Fresh popped, natural popcorn.
Have you ever cracked an egg and a piece of shell gets into the bowl? It always seems impossible to remove. But not if you wet your finger first. It will slip right through the egg white and you can grab the egg shell easily.
I hope these hints help to alleviate the frustrations in your kitchen. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1