Mrs. Fixit: Help in the Kitchen
January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- We all run into frustrations in the kitchen from time to time. But I have some tips to help alleviate those frustrations so you can get on with your life.
How many times have you pulled out the plastic wrap or foil only to have the roll come out of the box? Well, a friend showed me this. There are punch tabs on either side of the box. It will help center the roll and keep it in place.
Sometimes you have pots and pans that have cooked on food on the bottom that won't come off. Well, try a plastic rewards card you get from a store. It's the perfect size and it easily scrapes that gunk from the bottom of your pans.
My family loves fresh popped popcorn but the microwave varieties have so much stuff on them and the air popper is a pain to lug out. The solution: a brown paper bag. Microwave on high until the popping slows down. In my microwave, it takes about a minute and a half. Fresh popped, natural popcorn.
Have you ever cracked an egg and a piece of shell gets into the bowl? It always seems impossible to remove. But not if you wet your finger first. It will slip right through the egg white and you can grab the egg shell easily.
I hope these hints help to alleviate the frustrations in your kitchen. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 14 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos