Mrs. Fixit: Cans
January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cans in the kitchen? Don't recycle them, reuse them, I have some fun ways to reuse tin cans in the kitchen.
Did you know that you can make ice cream with a couple of tin cans? You will need a small coffee can, cleaned out well and a large coffee can - make sure they both have lids!
Put your ice cream ingredients into the smaller can and put the lid on, I like to tape around the lid to be sure it stays sealed.
Put the small can in the big can and fill the open spaces with ice and kosher salt. Then shake. you will need to shake rattle and roll that can for about twenty minutes - this is a great job for the kids! When you're done shaking, take it out and you have fresh, delicious ice cream!
Use a can to bake a cake! Grease and flour the inside of your can and fill it just over half way with cake batter. Then place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
When it's cool, run a knife around the outside to loosen the cake and then you can cut it in layers, or frost it as is!
You can use cans as biscuit cutters, just roll out your dough and press the can into the dough for a perfect biscuit!
Finally, stick a can on the counter to catch scraps for your compost pile! i'm mrs. fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests