Mrs. Fixit: Cans
January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cans in the kitchen? Don't recycle them, reuse them, I have some fun ways to reuse tin cans in the kitchen.
Did you know that you can make ice cream with a couple of tin cans? You will need a small coffee can, cleaned out well and a large coffee can - make sure they both have lids!
Put your ice cream ingredients into the smaller can and put the lid on, I like to tape around the lid to be sure it stays sealed.
Put the small can in the big can and fill the open spaces with ice and kosher salt. Then shake. you will need to shake rattle and roll that can for about twenty minutes - this is a great job for the kids! When you're done shaking, take it out and you have fresh, delicious ice cream!
Use a can to bake a cake! Grease and flour the inside of your can and fill it just over half way with cake batter. Then place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
When it's cool, run a knife around the outside to loosen the cake and then you can cut it in layers, or frost it as is!
You can use cans as biscuit cutters, just roll out your dough and press the can into the dough for a perfect biscuit!
Finally, stick a can on the counter to catch scraps for your compost pile! i'm mrs. fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 11 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 51 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore