Mrs. Fixit: Foam Soap
January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- The easiest way to stop the spread of germs is to wash your hands often and use hand sanitizers on the go, I have a couple of home made versions of foam soap and hand sanitizer that will keep germs around your family in check.
For whatever reason, the people in my house like foaming hand soap over other types, but the foam soap seems to go a lot faster. So I have a version you can make with a regular soap refill and water that is just about identical to the store variety.
Fill a foam soap dispenser a third of the way with regular hand soap and two thirds of the way with hot water.
Swirl it around in the container and you're set to go.
Now what about when you're not at home? You can make a homemade version of waterless hand sanitizers as well.
Fill a small squirt top travel bottle with half way with aloe vera gel, then fill the other half with half witch hazel or rubbing alcohol and half bottled water.
Add a couple of drops of essential oil for fragrance and additional antibacterial properties and mix the ingredients together with a wooden skewer.
It works just like the store varieties at a fraction of the price.I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 25 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 43 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 59 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
25 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
43 min ago