Mrs. Fixit: Foam Soap
January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- The easiest way to stop the spread of germs is to wash your hands often and use hand sanitizers on the go, I have a couple of home made versions of foam soap and hand sanitizer that will keep germs around your family in check.
For whatever reason, the people in my house like foaming hand soap over other types, but the foam soap seems to go a lot faster. So I have a version you can make with a regular soap refill and water that is just about identical to the store variety.
Fill a foam soap dispenser a third of the way with regular hand soap and two thirds of the way with hot water.
Swirl it around in the container and you're set to go.
Now what about when you're not at home? You can make a homemade version of waterless hand sanitizers as well.
Fill a small squirt top travel bottle with half way with aloe vera gel, then fill the other half with half witch hazel or rubbing alcohol and half bottled water.
Add a couple of drops of essential oil for fragrance and additional antibacterial properties and mix the ingredients together with a wooden skewer.
It works just like the store varieties at a fraction of the price.I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 6 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 57 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa 36 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
42 min ago