Mrs. Fixit: Alternative Uses For Insulation
February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Inevitable you're going to have some insulation left from a project. I have some ideas for reusing it!
Rigid foam sheets can be covered in fabric to make a nice pin board. Simply paint the surface of one side of the insulation with white glue and smooth fabric over the glue.
Wrap the edges and tack them to the backside with a little more glue - now you've got a nice lightweight pinboard customized for your home!
Use pipe insulation as a bumper on the edges of glass tables when you've got little ones visiting.
Or slide some over a saw blade to act as a sheath and protect both you and the blade.
You can also put pipe insulation over the top handle of a step stool to keep it from marring the walls.
And speaking of that, try adding self adhesive weatherstripping insulation around the edge of your vacuum to protect your baseboards while you're working.
Easy ways to reuse insulation at home, I hope you try these ideas for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 34 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos