Mrs. Fixit: Alternative Uses For Insulation
February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Inevitable you're going to have some insulation left from a project. I have some ideas for reusing it!
Rigid foam sheets can be covered in fabric to make a nice pin board. Simply paint the surface of one side of the insulation with white glue and smooth fabric over the glue.
Wrap the edges and tack them to the backside with a little more glue - now you've got a nice lightweight pinboard customized for your home!
Use pipe insulation as a bumper on the edges of glass tables when you've got little ones visiting.
Or slide some over a saw blade to act as a sheath and protect both you and the blade.
You can also put pipe insulation over the top handle of a step stool to keep it from marring the walls.
And speaking of that, try adding self adhesive weatherstripping insulation around the edge of your vacuum to protect your baseboards while you're working.
Easy ways to reuse insulation at home, I hope you try these ideas for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 44 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 59 min ago
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 7 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 54 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 44 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
44 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
39 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos