Mrs. Fixit: Sock Reuses
March 09, 2013 (WPVI) -- Whether they've lost their mate or just gotten holey, mismatched or old socks can find new life in these projects!
Cut the cuff off of a sock and use it as an armband to hold your portable music player on your arm so it doesn't slide or fall while you're working out.
Use the cuff of an old sock to corral wrapping paper and keep it from unraveling. Or slip some cuffs over your wrists to keep your shirt dry from drips while you're painting or cleaning.
If you have little ones, turn a cotton athletic sock inside out, slip a bar of soap inside and tie off the top, now the kids have soap and a washcloth in one and they don't have to worry about dropping that slippery soap.
Slip valuables or extra cash into an old sock and ball it up in your dresser, it will look like any other pair of socks and no one will be the wiser.
Cut the toe and heel off of a knee sock and sew the end closed. Fill the sock with some white rice and a few drops of essential oil.
Sew the other end and you've got a microwaveable hot pack. Pop it in for a minute and it will retain the heat for about an hour!
Try these sock-tacular ideas for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
25 min ago