Mrs. Fixit: Bifold Door Disguise
March 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Bi-fold doors, they aren't that attractive. But I have an easy way to perk them up, using curtains! Here's how:
First off, it's going to be nearly impossible to find curtain rods that are low profile and small enough to fit those doors.
My solution: eye screws and dowels. Just make sure that your dowel will fit snugly into the screw so that your curtain won't shift around.
The dowel should measure just shy of the width of each panel. Now, measure the door, leaving between 1 and 3 inches on the top and bottom of each door so that the end product looks like a french door.
Mark the locations with a pencil. Screw the eyes into the door almost to the outside edges. This is important so that it bites into the edges of the wood framing around the door.
Once your hooks are in place, put the curtains onto the dowels and stick them through the eye screws on the doors.
Fluff and puff until the curtains look just right. If you want, you can embellish the curtains with a ribbon tie-back for an added touch.
An easy and inexpensive way to add charm to bi-fold doors. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 31 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos