Mrs. Fixit: Cork Coasters
March 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A simple roll of cork is all you need to make some great custom coasters. All you need is a few simple tools and your imagination!
You can cut this cork in any shape you want, simply trace a pattern onto the cork and cut it out.
If you have an intricate pattern, use a utility knife to ensure clean edges.
To keep the cork from curling up, spritz it with water and lay a cloth over the top. Iron the cork flat.
Once they're flat, you can leave the natural cork or you can paint them to embellish. For all over coverage, try a 50/50 mixture of craft paint and water. For specific words or designs, try a paint pen or even a permanent marker.Once you've decorated the way you like, add a felt backing. Simply cut a piece of felt slightly smaller than the coaster and adhere to the back with glue.
That's all there is to a great custom coaster for pennies a piece! try it for yourself. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 17 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts