Mrs. Fixit: Cork Coasters
March 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A simple roll of cork is all you need to make some great custom coasters. All you need is a few simple tools and your imagination!
You can cut this cork in any shape you want, simply trace a pattern onto the cork and cut it out.
If you have an intricate pattern, use a utility knife to ensure clean edges.
To keep the cork from curling up, spritz it with water and lay a cloth over the top. Iron the cork flat.
Once they're flat, you can leave the natural cork or you can paint them to embellish. For all over coverage, try a 50/50 mixture of craft paint and water. For specific words or designs, try a paint pen or even a permanent marker.Once you've decorated the way you like, add a felt backing. Simply cut a piece of felt slightly smaller than the coaster and adhere to the back with glue.
That's all there is to a great custom coaster for pennies a piece! try it for yourself. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 7 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more