Mrs. Fixit: Rustic Tealight Holders
April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- I've seen reclaimed wood tealight and candle holders in store for over twenty dollar - you can knock one out yourself in about ten minutes and all you need is a drill with a one and a half inch flat bore spade bit and a piece of reclaimed wood.
The wood could be a 2 x4, a piece of molding or even an old log - you're only limited by your imagination.
Decide how many tealights you want in your display and then do a little math to evenly space and mark where you want to drill your holes.
Tealights are a half an inch tall, I like the metal casing to be completely covered by the surrounding wood so the hole has to be at least a half an inch deep, you can mark your bit with a piece of tape at a half inch to give you a visual while you're drilling.
Also, watch the depth of your wood, if it is less than an inch you will break through the bottom with your spade bit so you'll want to elevate your wood to protect the surface underneath.
Once you've drilled out all of the holes, vacuum up the wood shavings and add some tealights and light them up - remember to never leave lit candles unattended.
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos