Mrs. Fixit: Rustic Tealight Holders
April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- I've seen reclaimed wood tealight and candle holders in store for over twenty dollar - you can knock one out yourself in about ten minutes and all you need is a drill with a one and a half inch flat bore spade bit and a piece of reclaimed wood.
The wood could be a 2 x4, a piece of molding or even an old log - you're only limited by your imagination.
Decide how many tealights you want in your display and then do a little math to evenly space and mark where you want to drill your holes.
Tealights are a half an inch tall, I like the metal casing to be completely covered by the surrounding wood so the hole has to be at least a half an inch deep, you can mark your bit with a piece of tape at a half inch to give you a visual while you're drilling.
Also, watch the depth of your wood, if it is less than an inch you will break through the bottom with your spade bit so you'll want to elevate your wood to protect the surface underneath.
Once you've drilled out all of the holes, vacuum up the wood shavings and add some tealights and light them up - remember to never leave lit candles unattended.
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 29 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 24 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Photos: The Headhouse District's Winter Wonderland 41 min ago
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
29 min ago