Mrs. Fixit: Perfect Polka Dots
April 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Polka dots are a classic accent that look great on anything! If you've ever wondered how to get the perfect polka dot - I can show you!
The secret to perfect polka dots is a perfect circle - so use the perfect tool - dowels! They come in a bunch of different sizes and they are easy to handle!
To make the polka dots, all you have to do is dip the end of your dowel into craft paint. Let it drip off a little and then set it on your project.
Make sure that you keep the dowel level to the project.
Twist it slightly and pick the dowel straight up off the project. Twisting the dowel will ensure that the dot has nice clean edges.
Another trick with polka dots is to make sure that your placement of the dots is random. You don't want them in rows or any specific pattern.
I tend to work back and forth and then adjust each dot slightly up or down so they don't exactly line up.
That's all there is to perfect polka dots - now if you don't have any dowels on hand you can also try an unsharpened pencil or the end of a wooden chopstick! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 23 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies