Mrs. Fixit: Mildewy Towels
May 05, 2013 (WPVI) -- Do you have dish cloths that end up with a musty smell? Or did your kids leave wet towels in the hamper? Well if they did your towels can get mildew and bacteria on them. But it's easy to get rid of.. I'll show you.
This is a two part process and you'll want to be sure and do both to get rid of all of the smell. The solution - a pair of my favorites: Baking soda and white vinegar.
The first thing you want to do is to wash the towels in hot water adding 2 cups of white vinegar to the wash cycle.
The vinegar does two things, one it kills the bacteria and second it strips away detergent and fabric softener build-up from the towels.
Next, run the towels through a second hot wash cycle. This time add a cup of baking soda to the wash cycle.
The baking soda absorbs odors and softens the fabric so that the towels come out fluffy and soft and odor free!!
An easy solution to a stinky problem! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 55 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 11 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
55 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos