Mrs. Fixit: Inexpensive Bleach Alternatives
May 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- I've always just bleached to kill germs and clean surfaces, but the odor is so strong.
Now, I have a bleach alternative that's so easy to make.
An empty gallon jug is perfect for this concoction. Just fill the jug three quarters of the way to the top with hot water.
Add a cup of hydrogen peroxide and a quarter cup of lemon juice to the water.
Close it up and shake it to combine all the ingredients.
That's all there is to it. From here, use your bleach alternative anywhere that you would use bleach.
Add a cup to the washer for cleaner, whiter clothes.
Pour it in the toilet to shine the bowl in no time.
Put some in a spray bottle and you can use it on kitchen and bathroom surfaces to clean and kill germs in one quick step.
It's an easy and inexpensive bleach alternative with no harsh smell. It's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station