Mrs. Fixit: Inexpensive Bleach Alternatives
May 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- I've always just bleached to kill germs and clean surfaces, but the odor is so strong.
Now, I have a bleach alternative that's so easy to make.
An empty gallon jug is perfect for this concoction. Just fill the jug three quarters of the way to the top with hot water.
Add a cup of hydrogen peroxide and a quarter cup of lemon juice to the water.
Close it up and shake it to combine all the ingredients.
That's all there is to it. From here, use your bleach alternative anywhere that you would use bleach.
Add a cup to the washer for cleaner, whiter clothes.
Pour it in the toilet to shine the bowl in no time.
Put some in a spray bottle and you can use it on kitchen and bathroom surfaces to clean and kill germs in one quick step.
It's an easy and inexpensive bleach alternative with no harsh smell. It's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 29 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 47 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
47 min ago