Mrs. Fixit: Inexpensive Bleach Alternatives
May 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- I've always just bleached to kill germs and clean surfaces, but the odor is so strong.
Now, I have a bleach alternative that's so easy to make.
An empty gallon jug is perfect for this concoction. Just fill the jug three quarters of the way to the top with hot water.
Add a cup of hydrogen peroxide and a quarter cup of lemon juice to the water.
Close it up and shake it to combine all the ingredients.
That's all there is to it. From here, use your bleach alternative anywhere that you would use bleach.
Add a cup to the washer for cleaner, whiter clothes.
Pour it in the toilet to shine the bowl in no time.
Put some in a spray bottle and you can use it on kitchen and bathroom surfaces to clean and kill germs in one quick step.
It's an easy and inexpensive bleach alternative with no harsh smell. It's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police