Mrs. Fixit: Ladder Shelving
May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Do you need some extra shelving space? Do you have an old ladder? Well I can show you how to turn this into a shelving unit that is sure to be a conversation starter.
I painted my ladder in a nice bright red to accent the room -but, if you plan to use the ladder as a ladder again, you shouldn't paint it. You want to be able to spot any structural defects when you're using a ladder.
Set the ladder up so it will sit sideways against the wall. Make sure that your side supports are securely locked in place.
You want your shelves long enough so that they rest on both a step and a back support wrung.
You can make them all the same length or stagger them so that they mimic the shape of the ladder.
Once you have shelves, simply slide them through the ladder rungs so that they rest on the step and the back support.
That's all there is to it... instant storage space with personality! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 35 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 8 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 33 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 38 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 6 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more