Mrs. Fixit: Chalkboard Labels
May 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Who doesn't love using glass canisters for storage? But, if you had a reusable label it would make things a lot easier. So I am going to show you how to make some chalkboard paint labels.
All you need is a spray can of chalkboard paint and a few packages of nametags or adhesive labels from your office supply store.
Spread the labels face side up in a well ventilated area. Apply two good coats of chalkboard spray paint allowing the labels to dry well in between each coat.
It's a good idea to wait a full day to let the paint cure. Once the labels are dry&you can just peel and stick them where you need them. If you'd like something a little fancier&try trimming around the edges with pinking sheers or scrap booking scissors, even cut out a favorite shape!
Now it's time to add the chalkboard labels to my pantry jars. This will make everything easy to identify at a glance.
There are so many uses for these labels&. Just slap a label on a jar with some flowers, write a little something, and you have an instant centerpiece&.or use the labels for place cards on the table. Use your creativity&the possibilities are endless!
How easy and inexpensive was that? I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ