Mrs. Fixit: Chalkboard Clock
June 02, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some chalkboard paint, some scrap wood and some clock parts are all you need to make yourself a clock that you can customize and change when the mood hits.
The piece of wood can be any shape you want as long as you can pinpoint the center. Sand any rough edges so that they're smooth. And then cover with a couple coats of chalkboard paint.
Once dry this paint leaves a matte finish that can be drawn and colored on and erased and washed without hurting the finish.
Once you've got the finish set, you'll need a clock work. You can pick these kits up at craft and hardware stores.
Drill the hole through the center of your board so that you can thread the clock hands through the hole and secure them into place.
Now all you have to do is draw on the clock face. You can write numbers, draw some pictures, or add some inspiration - it's all up to you!
A project that will bring a smile to your face everytime you have to check the time. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police