Mrs. Fixit: Chalkboard Clock
June 02, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some chalkboard paint, some scrap wood and some clock parts are all you need to make yourself a clock that you can customize and change when the mood hits.
The piece of wood can be any shape you want as long as you can pinpoint the center. Sand any rough edges so that they're smooth. And then cover with a couple coats of chalkboard paint.
Once dry this paint leaves a matte finish that can be drawn and colored on and erased and washed without hurting the finish.
Once you've got the finish set, you'll need a clock work. You can pick these kits up at craft and hardware stores.
Drill the hole through the center of your board so that you can thread the clock hands through the hole and secure them into place.
Now all you have to do is draw on the clock face. You can write numbers, draw some pictures, or add some inspiration - it's all up to you!
A project that will bring a smile to your face everytime you have to check the time. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos