Mrs. Fixit: Secret Book Safe
June 09, 2013 (WPVI) -- Book safes are a age old way to stash something. You can use them on the road or in your home. I'll show you how easy and inexpensive they are to make!
Cut out two pieces of masonite hardboard the same size as the pages of your book to use as a template..
Mark the outline of the compartment on your template. Free the back and front cover and a few up front pages and now clamp togethr the rest of the pages between the two template boards.
Drill a few pilot holes, and add a few screws thru both boards to keep the book pages together. Drill a pilot hole to use as a starting point for your jigsaw and then start cutting out around the guidelines of your template.
Once that's done the center will come out easily.
Place a sheet of wax paper inside the back cover&and another protecting the front cover and extra pages while you spread glue around the inside.
With a 80/20 mixture of white glue and water brush around the inside edges of the secret comparment& You can also brush some glue on the outside edges for extra bonding once thats done, remove the wax paper on the back cover and glue the back page to the back cover& Clamp the book overnight to dry.
These also make great gifts& You can pick out a book to suit the personality of the person you're giving it to! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 49 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 48 min ago