Mrs. Fixit: Tiered Planter
Juner 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- I was trying to find a unique planter for my patio when a friend suggested a tiered display. Well I loved the idea and thought you might too!
For this project you need three terra cotta pots in varied sizes (one small, one medium and one large). You can change the size of these pots depending upon where you want to display the planter.
You will also need two plastic pots that will fit upside down inside of the two bigger terra cotta pots leaving enough space for both soil and flowers around them.
Flip your first plastic pot upside down in your largest terra cotta pot, and then fill the remaining space with soil and plant your flowers around the perimeter of the pot.
Repeat this process for your middle sized pot, and then plant the smallest pot with what ever flowers you choose.
Once all of the plants are in place, stack the pots on top of the flipped over plastic pots.
A wonderful tiered display that will last through the season. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 3 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 20 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 42 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
21 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
20 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
42 min ago