Mrs. Fixit: Tiered Planter
Juner 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- I was trying to find a unique planter for my patio when a friend suggested a tiered display. Well I loved the idea and thought you might too!
For this project you need three terra cotta pots in varied sizes (one small, one medium and one large). You can change the size of these pots depending upon where you want to display the planter.
You will also need two plastic pots that will fit upside down inside of the two bigger terra cotta pots leaving enough space for both soil and flowers around them.
Flip your first plastic pot upside down in your largest terra cotta pot, and then fill the remaining space with soil and plant your flowers around the perimeter of the pot.
Repeat this process for your middle sized pot, and then plant the smallest pot with what ever flowers you choose.
Once all of the plants are in place, stack the pots on top of the flipped over plastic pots.
A wonderful tiered display that will last through the season. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 4 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
4 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
55 min ago