Mrs. Fixit: Plastic Bag Reuses
June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- As a nation, we use about 100-billion plastic bags a year and they just keep multiplying. But, how can we reuse these?!
When packing a suitcase, slip your extra shoes in a plastic grocery bag to protect your clothes from dirt.
Pack a few extra bags to use for your dirty clothes on the way home or wet bathing suits.
Painting a room? Use a plastic grocery bag to line the paint pan!
And speaking of painting, if you're taking a break, wrap your brush or roller in a plastic bag to keep it from drying up. It'll last until you get back.
Reuse a plastic grocery bag to line a small trash can.
Keep a few near the door to slip over muddy shoes, if you have to tramp thru the house.
And if you still have unused bags, use a tissue box or wipes container as a plastic bag dispenser.
And one last tip.. if you find yourself with a knotted plastic bag just keep twisting the loose end until its nice and tight and then push it through.
Easy enough?? Not gone! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier