Mrs. Fixit: Plastic Bag Reuses
June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- As a nation, we use about 100-billion plastic bags a year and they just keep multiplying. But, how can we reuse these?!
When packing a suitcase, slip your extra shoes in a plastic grocery bag to protect your clothes from dirt.
Pack a few extra bags to use for your dirty clothes on the way home or wet bathing suits.
Painting a room? Use a plastic grocery bag to line the paint pan!
And speaking of painting, if you're taking a break, wrap your brush or roller in a plastic bag to keep it from drying up. It'll last until you get back.
Reuse a plastic grocery bag to line a small trash can.
Keep a few near the door to slip over muddy shoes, if you have to tramp thru the house.
And if you still have unused bags, use a tissue box or wipes container as a plastic bag dispenser.
And one last tip.. if you find yourself with a knotted plastic bag just keep twisting the loose end until its nice and tight and then push it through.
Easy enough?? Not gone! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 35 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 21 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 37 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos