Mrs. Fixit: Plastic Bag Reuses
June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- As a nation, we use about 100-billion plastic bags a year and they just keep multiplying. But, how can we reuse these?!
When packing a suitcase, slip your extra shoes in a plastic grocery bag to protect your clothes from dirt.
Pack a few extra bags to use for your dirty clothes on the way home or wet bathing suits.
Painting a room? Use a plastic grocery bag to line the paint pan!
And speaking of painting, if you're taking a break, wrap your brush or roller in a plastic bag to keep it from drying up. It'll last until you get back.
Reuse a plastic grocery bag to line a small trash can.
Keep a few near the door to slip over muddy shoes, if you have to tramp thru the house.
And if you still have unused bags, use a tissue box or wipes container as a plastic bag dispenser.
And one last tip.. if you find yourself with a knotted plastic bag just keep twisting the loose end until its nice and tight and then push it through.
Easy enough?? Not gone! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 24 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?