Mrs. Fixit: Clogged Drains
July 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Clogged drains need quick attention&so many times people wait until the drain is clogged completely before they take action. But most clogs can actually be fixed with a simple solution if its tried early enough!!!
For a moderately clogged drain&pour a ½ cup of baking soda down the drain followed by a ½ cup of vinegar. The two ingredients will foam up& let it sit for a few hours before running water.
If the slow drain is from grease& try pouring a ½ cup of salt and a ½ cup of baking soda down the drain followed by a kettle of boiling water.
If these homemade remedies don't work..try a plunger.
You'll need to make sure you cover the overflow opening with a wetcloth.
If you have a double basin or back to back bathrooms, you may have to block both the drain and the overlow vent on the other sinks.
Fill the clogged basin with enough water to cover the head of the plunger.
Coat the lip of the plunger with petroleum jelly, this helps create a better seal.
Slide the plunger's cup over the drain opening, and then pump the plunger& until you feel the water pressure build up to dislodge the clog.
Unclogged! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 25 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 6 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ