Mrs. Fixit: Clogged Drains
July 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Clogged drains need quick attention&so many times people wait until the drain is clogged completely before they take action. But most clogs can actually be fixed with a simple solution if its tried early enough!!!
For a moderately clogged drain&pour a ½ cup of baking soda down the drain followed by a ½ cup of vinegar. The two ingredients will foam up& let it sit for a few hours before running water.
If the slow drain is from grease& try pouring a ½ cup of salt and a ½ cup of baking soda down the drain followed by a kettle of boiling water.
If these homemade remedies don't work..try a plunger.
You'll need to make sure you cover the overflow opening with a wetcloth.
If you have a double basin or back to back bathrooms, you may have to block both the drain and the overlow vent on the other sinks.
Fill the clogged basin with enough water to cover the head of the plunger.
Coat the lip of the plunger with petroleum jelly, this helps create a better seal.
Slide the plunger's cup over the drain opening, and then pump the plunger& until you feel the water pressure build up to dislodge the clog.
Unclogged! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 38 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies