Mrs. Fixit: Reuses for corks
June 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- What do you do with a cork after you open that bottle of wine or champagne? Well, I suggest save them up and make them into something useful!
Since cork is heat resistant, why not make a trivet? Just find an old wooden picture frame and glue it onto a piece of cardboard. Now just glue the corks onto the cardboard using whatever pattern you like!
You can also hang it and use it as a bulletin board.
Corks also make awesome place card-holders. Just cut the cork in-half and make a grove across the rounded top of each half. Then, just slide each name tag into the slit.
Use a cork to create a floating key chain, attach a key ring to a small screw eye and glue it onto the top of the cork. Now add your keys!
For a more decorative look, add a small eye hook and some charms to the bottom.
Champagne corks can also substitute for drawer knobs. Use pointed screws that are the same diameter and at least as long as the original knob screw.
Twist the cork in a clockwise direction until its flush against the face of the drawer.
Easy ways to turn those corks into useful items. Cheers!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 43 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 43 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 50 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 18 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 1 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 5 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos