Mrs. Fixit: Kitchen Tips
July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Let's face it, we all spend alot of time in the kitchen, but, who doesn't like a few tips to make things go a little smoother?!
When baking, how do you tell if your baking powder and baking soda are still good?
Baking powder loses its strength after about 6 months. Test it by stirring a teaspoonful into ½ cup of hot water. It should have a lively bubble&if it doesn't, throw it out.
For baking soda&mix a ½ cup of vinegar with a teaspoon of baking soda. If it starts to fizz&the baking soda is active.
If your brown sugar is hard&I'm sure you've hear about adding a piece of bread or an apple to soften it up&
Well next time try a soft marshmellow&it looks better and works great!
Save on the cost of cooking sprays&by pouring cooking oil into a spray bottle&voile'&spray oil at a fraction of the cost!
Did you know a standard mayonnaise or mason jar will fit most blenders? It's a perfect way to make frozen drinks and smoothies&and as a plus you can drink right from the jar!
Easy kitchen tips that will save you time and money&I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 55 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos