Mrs. Fixit: Window Cleaners
July 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're looking to let the sunshine in& but you're looking to save money on window cleaner... Why don't you make your own? You can probably do it with some ingredients that you have in your home.
First, mix together 2 cups rubbing alcohol with about ¾ 's of a gallon of water& add a 1/2 cup of ammonia and a teaspoon of dish detergent&
If you don't want to use ammonia because of the smell& You can also mix into a spray bottle &3 parts water to 1 part rubbing alcohol& This mixture doesn't streak and it also disenfects because of the rubbing alcohol.
If you don't have any rubbing alcohol&you can use a mixture of vinegar and water &and that will help cut thru the grease.
Or a cup of strong plain non flavored tea and 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
Another recipe that will make your windows shine&use 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 cups of club soda, and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
As far as what to wipe your windows with& I like to use newspaper since the ink acts as a polishing agent&and helps to leave a streak free shine.
You may also want to wear gloves since the ink has a tendancy to get on your hands.
Look at that shine! & Not only are homemade window cleaners cheaper..but they also work just as well! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot 9 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 6 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 46 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
6 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
46 min ago