Mrs. Fixit: Cooked on Crud
July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you have a pot, pan or utensil with cooked on crud &it's easy to get them back in working condition! I'll tell you how!
If the food is on the inside of the pot& or you have a utensil that needs cleaning...just add some automatic dishwashing detergent to a pot with several inches of water.
Place it on the stove& on high until it comes to a boil....the burnt food will cook off as the water boils down.
No dishwashing detergent?& Fill the bottom of the pan with white vinegar, heat to a boil and then let it simmer until the burnt parts flake off.
A generous amount of baking soda and a few cups of water will also do the trick..simmer on the stove&and it will get your pans back to normal.
For the outside of your pots and pans& find another pan that a stained one will fit into easily&fill the bottom of the bigger pan with hot water and a few tablespoons of that automatic dishwashing detergent.
Put the stained pan into the concoction and heat to boiling. Turn the heat down and let it simmer for about a half hour&.depending upon the condition of the pot.
Once you see it working.. Just wash it as you normally would and rinse it clean.
Getting those pots and pans in good condition doesn't take that much effort or that much scrubbing! Try it! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos