Mrs. Fixit: Giant Bubbles
August 03, 2013 (WPVI) -- Looking for some summer fun with your kids? Who doesn't like bubbles? I'll show you how to make a homemade recipe for huge bubbles.
Mix together 3 cups of water and a ½ cup white corn syrup or glycerin and stir lightly.
Gently add 1 cup of dishwashing detergent and be careful not to over mix the solution.
For colored bubbles, add a few drops of food coloring.
This mix can easily be doubled or even tripled depending upon how many kids will be using it.
As for a bubble wand? There are so many items that will fit the bill!
From the kitchen, look for potato mashers, wire whisks, funnels, strainers and straws . Even uncooked rigatoni and ziti will work great!
Check the recycling bin. Just cut the bottom from a small water or soda bottle&dip it in the solution and blow out the top to make bubbles!
For bigger bubbles, try a wire clothes hanger. Just bend the hook for a handle and make a shape with the rest!
For giant bubbles.. Use about two feet of string. Put one end in each hand and put your hands together. Dip into the bubble solution and as you lift out and gently pull your hands apart while still holding onto the string. The huge bubbles will just fly out! How much fun is this?!! Try it!!
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?