Mrs. Fixit: Lawn Edger
August 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you want your landscaping to have that well manicured look, you might want to invest in a gas powered edger&ill show you how easy it is to use...
An edger helps cut away weeds and grasses that grow over driveways and sidewalks. I like to use mine to get a nice sharp edge around my gardens and flowerbeds.
First, put on your safety glasses and ear protection... Also, when you're edging dirt and debris can easy get airborne&so use caution.
Most edgers have an adjustable depth setter. It's best to start with a shallow setting for your first pass to set your line..
To start the engine& press the primer bulb a few times&and then pull the starter rope in one controlled motion until it starts &
Align the edger and once running, pull the handle to engage the blade&
Slowly cut into the grass.
Once you cut your line.. Then work your way to lower or deeper settings &This will cut thru the grassroots which will slow or even stop the regrowth.
Work the edger back and forth..but let the edger do the work&and try not to touch the blade to any concrete or stone areas.
Some edgers have a built in bevel adjustment to give your landscape an angled edge.
As with any machine..&always read the owners manual first and follow any safety instructions. thats all there is to it! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 21 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 51 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 8 min ago