Mrs. Fixit: Kitchen Deodorizes
August 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're dealing with some kitchen odors that are less than pleasant&Don't cover it up&Get to the source of the problm and get rid of it once and for all.
If you open your refrigerator or freezer and the smell is a little funky, try wiping down the shelves with a 50 /50 mixture of white vinegar and water.
If you don't have vinegar try wiping the inside down with vanilla extract or lemon juice.
If it's the smell of spoiled food&fill a bowl of coffee grounds and place it in the fridge or freezer overnight.
Noticing an odor from your plastic storage containers? Soak them overnight in a mixture of warm water and baking soda.
If you notice a smoky odor from burnt food&pour white or cider vinegar in a shallow bowl about ¾'s full. Leave it overnight and the odor should be gone the next day.
Is there an odor lingering in your microwave? Pour a little vanilla extract in a bowl and microwave it on high for one minute.
If the odor is coming from your garbage disposal, freshen it up with ½ cup of salt and some lemon peels. Run the cold water&and start the disposal& the salt will neutralize any odors.
Natural deodorizers for a fresher smelling kitchen&
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 8 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 6 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 59 min ago
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor