Mrs. Fixit: Asphalt Driveway Repair
August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you have an asphalt driveway and you are starting to see cracks in the blacktop..don't wait any longer..it's an easy fix. I'll show you how to do it.
First, make sure your driveway is dry and the temperature is above 65 degrees. Sweep out any loose stones or debris from the cracked areas. Pick up some asphalt repair filler at your local home improvement center.
It's like caulking, just start squeezing it into the cracks. For wider areas fill in the gap with a sealant but make sure that it's not filling too high above the area.
Take a popsicle stick and spread the sealant so it smears on each side of the black top this makes for a good bond so the sealant dosen't loosen when the temperature gets colder.
Now find some stones and pebbles that came from the driveway and put them into the sealant compound this disguises the repair and helps the sealant hold.
The final step: collect some of the fine sand and stone chips from the sides and the ends of the driveway. And sprinkle it over the compound.
The mixture matches the driveway color and makes the repair even less noticeable and more like the actual black top.
Let it dry and then just sweep it off. Thats all there is to it. I'm Mrs. Fixit and its just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 15 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar