Mrs. Fixit: Wood Furniture
August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wood furniture can add so much beauty to a home&but caring for it can sometimes be a challenge&We'll I have some ideas to help you out!
If you have a build up of excess polish&make a solution of white vinegar and water. Dip a cloth in& wring it out&and wipe the piece down&
This will strip away any old polish without damaging the wood.
To prevent that buildup in the first place &.make a natural wood furniture polish.
Just cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a jar&using a strainer to keep the pits and pulp out& Add a tablespoon of olive oil and add a tablespoon of water..
Shake it up& Now add a little to a cloth and start polishing.
If you're furniture is looking a little dried out from being exposed to a sunny spot in your home&restore it's moisture with a little petroleum jelly.
Using a soft cloth&just rub a little onto the piece and then, use another clean cloth to buff it to a shine. This also helps hide small nicks and scratches&.
No petroleum jelly? Head to the fridge and use some mayonnaise!
The mayo adds moisture, and cleans and conditions the wood too!
Try it&I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 51 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 58 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
51 min ago