Mrs. Fixit: Wood Furniture
August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wood furniture can add so much beauty to a home&but caring for it can sometimes be a challenge&We'll I have some ideas to help you out!
If you have a build up of excess polish&make a solution of white vinegar and water. Dip a cloth in& wring it out&and wipe the piece down&
This will strip away any old polish without damaging the wood.
To prevent that buildup in the first place &.make a natural wood furniture polish.
Just cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a jar&using a strainer to keep the pits and pulp out& Add a tablespoon of olive oil and add a tablespoon of water..
Shake it up& Now add a little to a cloth and start polishing.
If you're furniture is looking a little dried out from being exposed to a sunny spot in your home&restore it's moisture with a little petroleum jelly.
Using a soft cloth&just rub a little onto the piece and then, use another clean cloth to buff it to a shine. This also helps hide small nicks and scratches&.
No petroleum jelly? Head to the fridge and use some mayonnaise!
The mayo adds moisture, and cleans and conditions the wood too!
Try it&I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 45 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 50 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
45 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
56 min ago
- Milder Monday
48 min ago