Mrs. Fixit: Couch Arm Tray Table
September 07, 2013 (WPVI) -- Do you have a couch or chair that's lacking a place to set down a beverage, snack or entertainment essential?
Well I'll show you how easy it is with just some scrap wood and glue to make yourself a couch arm tray table.
Start by measuring the width of your arm rest and add twice the width of the wood to your measurement to accomondate the sides panels.
If you're couch has squared off arms, the tray will look custom made.
Next, determine the length of the sleeve by measuring how far down you want it to sit on both sides of the arm.
I'm using 1 by 12 wood to cut the top and two side boards.
Glue the pieces together using the top to overlay the side pieces, clamp it until it dries. You can also secure the pieces using a nailer or a kreg jig if you have one.
If you wanted a larger top, you'd have to set one side back slightly from the face of the top, which will then overhang the arm of your couch..
Now stain the wood or paint it out, you may want to add a few coats of polyurethane too!
It fits securely over the arm of your couch or chair for an instant surface for your drinks and essentials - try it!
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 4 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 56 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
56 min ago