Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Laundry Supplies
September 08, 2013 (WPVI) -- It seems like these days you need more than just detergent and bleach to do your laundry. Everything from whiteners and pre treaters to stain sticks and bleach alternatives&and all that stuff.. adds up. Well why not save some money and make your own?!
How about a homemade whitner or oxygen cleaner? Mix together ½ cup hydrogen peroxide, ½ cup baking soda and one cup of water. Soak your laundry for about a ½ hour before washing and then just wash it as usual.
Need a stain remover? Mix about ¼ cup of baking soda with enough hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. Scrub it on the stain and then wash as ususal.
1 part dishsoap and 2 parts hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle is a wonderful stain pre-treater...for whites use a little extra hyrogen peroxide.
For grease stains &mix 3 to 4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp. of degreasing dishsoap, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. pour it on the stain, and work it in, launder as normal.
Chalk will also remove grease stains from clothes. Simply rub the stain with chalk and toss it in the wash as normal.
Check out my wesbite for homemade laundry detergent and fabric softener. And put that money that you would spend on those items in your pocket. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos