Mrs. Fixit: Hanging Curtain Rods
September 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're hanging curtain rods& You want to make sure that you have them all at the same height and the same distance from the window. Well it can be difficult if you have alot of windows to get them all accurate. Well I have a fail proof tip to get them right everytime!
The key is to take the time to figure out where you want the drill holes&before you drill& and make a template as a guide.
You can use a piece of raw chipboard, carboard or even stiff card stock.
Hanging curtains higher and wider than the window frame&actual give you the illusion of a larger window and also prevent the drapes from blocking too much sunlight.
I wanted my curtains to hang over the frame and cover only a few inches of the window on each side.
Using a square, measure and cut out a 3 x 3 corner to put over the window frame corner as a guide.
I want my curtains level with the top casing and out about 6 inches. Now using your rod bracket &measure and mark your screw holes with a pencil onto the template.
With your template in place drill your pilot holes. Now screw your bracket in place.
For the other side of the window&just flip the template over. And trace the screw holes and attach your bracket.
If you have a center bracket. Measure to the center of the window&and flip the template 90 degrees to the right marking the holes for a guide.
If you have more than one window&using the template makes the job so easy&.
Now all that's left is to hang the rod in place...so easy! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police