Mrs. Fixit: Hanging Curtain Rods
September 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're hanging curtain rods& You want to make sure that you have them all at the same height and the same distance from the window. Well it can be difficult if you have alot of windows to get them all accurate. Well I have a fail proof tip to get them right everytime!
The key is to take the time to figure out where you want the drill holes&before you drill& and make a template as a guide.
You can use a piece of raw chipboard, carboard or even stiff card stock.
Hanging curtains higher and wider than the window frame&actual give you the illusion of a larger window and also prevent the drapes from blocking too much sunlight.
I wanted my curtains to hang over the frame and cover only a few inches of the window on each side.
Using a square, measure and cut out a 3 x 3 corner to put over the window frame corner as a guide.
I want my curtains level with the top casing and out about 6 inches. Now using your rod bracket &measure and mark your screw holes with a pencil onto the template.
With your template in place drill your pilot holes. Now screw your bracket in place.
For the other side of the window&just flip the template over. And trace the screw holes and attach your bracket.
If you have a center bracket. Measure to the center of the window&and flip the template 90 degrees to the right marking the holes for a guide.
If you have more than one window&using the template makes the job so easy&.
Now all that's left is to hang the rod in place...so easy! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, lifestyle, mrs. fixit
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 9 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 25 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands