Mr. Food: Tiramisu
September 6, 2009 -- Makes 6 to 8 servings
1. In a small bowl, combine the water, coffee granules, and coffee liqueur; stir to dissolve the coffee then set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, blend the mascarpone cheese, egg substitute, and sugar until smooth; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into the cheese mixture until thoroughly mixed.
4. Using one package of ladyfingers, quickly dip the ladyfingers into the coffee mixture one at a time and line the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Spoon half the cheese mixture evenly over the ladyfingers. Dip the remaining package of ladyfingers into the coffee mixture one at a time and place evenly over the cheese layer; top with the remaining cheese mixture.
5. Spoon the remaining whipped cream over the top and sprinkle with the cocoa. Cover and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2008 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 3 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 1 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 30 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 55 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
21 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
1 min ago