Mr. Food: Spicy Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
November 8, 2009 -- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1/2 pound penne pasta 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped 1 (8-ounce) loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed 1 cup sour cream 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add the cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Stir in the sour cream, blending well.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and pasta; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
NOTE: To tame the spiciness, switch to regular prepared cheese product and mild diced tomatoes and green chilies. You'll get all the flavor with just a slight kick.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
mr. food, mr. food
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 28 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 36 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 7 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
7 min ago