Mr. Food: Spicy Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
November 8, 2009 -- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1/2 pound penne pasta 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped 1 (8-ounce) loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed 1 cup sour cream 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add the cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Stir in the sour cream, blending well.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and pasta; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
NOTE: To tame the spiciness, switch to regular prepared cheese product and mild diced tomatoes and green chilies. You'll get all the flavor with just a slight kick.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
mr. food, mr. food
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos