Mr. Food: Spicy Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
November 8, 2009 -- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1/2 pound penne pasta 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped 1 (8-ounce) loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed 1 cup sour cream 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add the cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Stir in the sour cream, blending well.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and pasta; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
NOTE: To tame the spiciness, switch to regular prepared cheese product and mild diced tomatoes and green chilies. You'll get all the flavor with just a slight kick.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
mr. food, mr. food
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 2 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 36 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 41 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 52 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
47 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
2 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
36 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos