Mr. Food: Banana-Blueberry Smoothie
February 28, 2010 (WPVI) -- Enjoy our refreshing Banana-Blueberry Smoothie as a rise 'n' shine breakfast or a creamy pick-me-up sippe
2 large ripe bananas, sliced
1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
3 cups ice cubes
- In a blender, combine bananas, blueberries, and yogurt until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and blend until crushed and well combined. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Rise 'n' Shine Tips
If you think your morning cup of caffeine-loaded coffee is enough to energize you, think again! Nothing replaces breakfast, whether you eat it at the table or on the go.
Research shows that, if we start the day on empty, we tend to overeat later in the day. What types of food should we look for in our morning meal?
- Fruit is a powerhouse! Have one of your favorites, whether it's an apple, orange, pear, maybe a bunch of seedless grapes. They're an easy way to get a fresh start.
- Another choice is anything made from whole grains, from cereal to bread, or even a cereal bar. They're rich in that much-needed fiber, plus the carbs in fruit and whole grains can aid our memory and concentration.
- Healthy, calcium-rich bone-building dairy food like low-fat string cheese and yogurt are also portable options that don't require any fussing in the kitchen.
For smoothie lovers who want to combine a few of these tasty options and sip their way to becoming energized, this Banana-Blueberry Smoothie or any of your other favorites will give your day a great start!
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 38 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
50 min ago