Mr. Food: Java Nuts
March 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Makes 4 Cups
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 large egg white
2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
4 cups walnut halves
1.Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2.In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.
3.In a large bowl, beat egg white and instant espresso granules until dissolved and frothy. Fold nuts into coffee mixture and toss until evenly coated.
4.Sprinkle nuts with cinnamon-sugar mixture, and mix until evenly coated.
5.Spread walnuts on prepared baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, stir nuts and continue baking for 5 more minutes, or until dry to the touch.
6.Remove from oven, loosen walnuts from tray and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school 33 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend