Mr. Food: Mother's Day French Toast
May 8, 2011 -- Makes 8 servings
Mother's Day French Toast is a classic French toast recipe that's the perfect wake-up call for Mother's Day. It tastes special enough for a holiday but, as an anytime comforting breakfast recipe or brunch recipe, it'll score big points, too.
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 (1-pound) loaf egg bread (challah), cut into eight 1-inch slices
1. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk and cinnamon; mix well.
2. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip each bread slice in egg mixture then cook 2 to 4 minutes, until golden on both sides, turning halfway through cooking, and adding remaining butter to skillet as needed.
3. Cut French toast in half diagonally and serve with your favorite topping (see Note).
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. © 2011 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos