Mr. Food: Country Ham and Red Eye Gravy
January 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- On cold winter mornings, there's nothing better than a heartwarming breakfast. Mr. Food has a delicious southern recipe.
Cooking Time: 15 min
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ham pieces 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Transfer cooked pieces to a serving plate and set aside.
2. Add coffee and sugar to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to loosen pan drippings. Continue cooking until gravy is bubbling, stirring constantly.
3. Split biscuits and divide ham equally among them. Top with gravy and serve immediately.
mr. food, mr. food
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 59 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help 58 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 20 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos