Mr. Food: Panna Cotta
January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a delicious dessert to serve after dinner tonight? Mr. Food has an Italian delicacy that's a snap to make.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Chilling Time: 6 hours
Cooking Time: 5 min
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand until gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. (Do not let it come to a boil.)
3. Remove mixture from heat, add softened gelatin mixture, and stir to completely dissolve gelatin.
4. Strain hot mixture into a large glass bowl then carefully pour or spoon mixture into custard cups. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 28 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 56 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 16 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 23 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 29 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos