Mr. Food: Panna Cotta
January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a delicious dessert to serve after dinner tonight? Mr. Food has an Italian delicacy that's a snap to make.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Chilling Time: 6 hours
Cooking Time: 5 min
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand until gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. (Do not let it come to a boil.)
3. Remove mixture from heat, add softened gelatin mixture, and stir to completely dissolve gelatin.
4. Strain hot mixture into a large glass bowl then carefully pour or spoon mixture into custard cups. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 10 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 16 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 21 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 27 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 45 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 36 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 45 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
16 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
21 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
37 min ago