Mr. Food: Half-Moon Cookies
February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Practically every bakery has these cookies they call either Black and Whites or Half Moons
No matter what they're called, what makes these so good is that you don't have to decide if you want chocolate icing or vanilla, cause each cookie has both!
Baking Time: 12 min
Ingredients: 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix (see Option) 2/3 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
3. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
OPTION: To make chocolate half-moon cookies, simply use chocolate cake mix instead of white.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 7 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 46 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 41 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 48 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 8 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Winter Warm Up
13 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
22 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
46 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
40 min ago