Mr. Food: Half-Moon Cookies
February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Practically every bakery has these cookies they call either Black and Whites or Half Moons
No matter what they're called, what makes these so good is that you don't have to decide if you want chocolate icing or vanilla, cause each cookie has both!
Baking Time: 12 min
Ingredients: 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix (see Option) 2/3 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
3. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
OPTION: To make chocolate half-moon cookies, simply use chocolate cake mix instead of white.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run