Mr. Food: Half-Moon Cookies
February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Practically every bakery has these cookies they call either Black and Whites or Half Moons
No matter what they're called, what makes these so good is that you don't have to decide if you want chocolate icing or vanilla, cause each cookie has both!
Baking Time: 12 min
Ingredients: 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix (see Option) 2/3 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
3. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
OPTION: To make chocolate half-moon cookies, simply use chocolate cake mix instead of white.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 15 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
36 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
15 min ago