Mr. Food: Bread Bowl Chili
February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- When it's cold outside, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of piping hot chili. Mr. Food has a twist of on a classic.
Cooking Time: 40 min
1. In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown for 10 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
4. Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 8 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
8 min ago