Mr. Food: Bread Bowl Chili
February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- When it's cold outside, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of piping hot chili. Mr. Food has a twist of on a classic.
Cooking Time: 40 min
1. In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown for 10 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
4. Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ